Sunday night came and with that the realisation that I hadn’t made any breakfast bread. I could easily have put together a breakfast loaf, it only takes minutes to throw together when you have a breadmaker. Then I thought I would make a carrot cake instead since I was thinking of making chicken in the oven, which would make good use of the oven. However me and the hubby decided against it. Anyway I still didn’t have anything prepared for my breakfast. Which is when I thought of making carrot pancakes. I looked up recipes on Pinterest, but none really convinced me, so I whipped up my one.
Note : this recipe is for a Thermomix, however I’m sure it would work perfectly fine with a blender or just a good ol’ mixing bowl and spatula.
Use the American pancake recipe tweaked as follows :
- throw in 2 carrots and grate until fine (about 40 seconds at speed 5)
- 100g coconut milk solids with 300g water (around 8 minutes, 75C, speed 1)
- let it cool down (I put mine in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes)
- add a banana and mix (a few seconds at speed 5)
- follow the rest of the recipe but swap the butter for coconut oil, the sugar for coconut sugar, substitute 50g of plain flour for wholemeal flour and add 50g oats